[Users] deleting messages - why is previous message selected

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Wed Aug 8 21:26:28 CEST 2018

I've just noticed that if I have several new messages in my inbox and
go to the earliest/topmost of them and delete it, the message that is
then selected is the previous message, already read, above the deleted
one. I would expect and prefer that the next unread message below is
selected instead.

I've only just noticed this, so maybe its new, but it's always possible
it's been there for some time and I've never noticed. I'm running
3.16.0 from the openSUSE Leap 15.0 repository.

Is this a regression? Or something that's changed and I need to
reconfigure? Or what?

Thanks, Dave