[Users] OSX GTK

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Mon Aug 6 14:48:11 CEST 2018

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 17:59:03 -0400
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry at piermont.com> wrote:

> Howdy!
>
> Several years ago,Igor Mammedov seems to have submitted some patches
> to make Claws work under the version of GTK that works directly with
> OSX's Aqua (instead of X11). See, for example:
>
> https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2015-January/011995.html
>
> Can anyone tell me what happened to integrating these?

Nothing :)

To summarize¹: AFAIK, no developer has access to such OS family to test and
no people with access to such OS family has stepped into the task of being a
Claws Mail developer for that OS.

best regards,

¹ By the time these patches were posted I had a small interest because I
  still owned a MacBook running Leopard. IIRC that version was already
  deprecated, hence I grasped from Igor response² it was going to be a
  single-man battle. My interest wasn't high enough for embarking that
  battle. That MacBook died a couple of years ago, and the existing line of
  Apple products was too defective to my likings, so it was replaced by a
  more suitable product from other maker.
² https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2015-January/012008.html
--
  Ricardo Mones