[Users] [bug?] Possibly wrong behaviour of Return key

John Gliksberg jg.trosh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 16:03:45 CEST 2018

Hello all, first time poster here.

I'm not sure of the correct way to report an issue, so here I am doing
my best.

In the message list view, when the message content view is deactivated
(View > Show or Hide > Message view = off, or with shortcut V), opening
a message with a double click opens it in a separate window. However,
pressing the Return key instead reactivates the message view. I suspect
that's not the intended behaviour, at least it's not what I expected.

I know I can force it to open in a new window with ^[N but it feels
like the generic "open" key (Return) should be context aware and open a
new window when message view has been deactivated.

I hope this is not already a known issue or a clear design choice.

Thanks for maintaining this great program,

--
John Gliksberg