[Users] Account specific keep messages unread

wwp subscript at free.fr
Fri Apr 13 09:41:30 CEST 2018

Hello Johan,

On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 09:32:18 +0200 Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> Normally, a new message is considered 'read' when it has been viewed for
> mark_as_read_delay seconds.
>
> I want to disable this behaviour for one of my accounts. This particular
> mailbox is shared with others so messages should stay unread until someone
> takes action.
>
> Is this possible?

In short, no.

Problem is that this mark_as_read_delay settings is global and not
account-specific, which means that in terms of internal design it's
definitely another thing. It could even be hard to implement this on a
per-account basis, this mostly depends how messages a distributed
(folders may not belong to only one account, what if you move messages
between folders, etc). Your concern is IMAP-related, right?

Maybe, this is a blind suggestion, maybe your problem could be
considered from another end? Like for instance, disabling this global
setting and for some folders, create a processing rule that would mark
unread emails as read following their age? I'm not sure if there's a
satisfying way but I must admit that I find the case a lil' bit
tortuous.

Regards,

--
wwp