[Users] moving claws-mail to new system

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue Apr 3 19:52:11 CEST 2018

On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 18:30:40 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 19:19:37 +0200
> Andreas Meyer <a.meyer at nimmini.de> wrote:
>
> > Can I copy this old structure somehow to the new system and what
> > folders and files would that be?
>
> Yes, you can. If you have an MH mailbox then you should copy this,
> (default is ~/Mail), and you should also copy ~/.claws-mail/. See
> `man claws-mail` for descriptions of what it contains.
>
> Be mindful about preserving permissions and ownership, i.e. do it.
>
> Easiest way is probably creating tarballs.

Indeed. I do exactly this routinely with unison between two desktops and
a laptop. Works just fine.

Just be sure claws-mail is shut down when you make the transfer.

--

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has
destroyed itself within. The essential causes of Rome's decline lay in

-- Will and Ariel Durant, III The Story of Civilization (1944) epilogue