[Users] Change Claws-mail icon?

altesCoon p.teuchert at web.de
Thu Sep 14 11:11:50 CEST 2017

Hi Jakub.

Thanks for that hint. I downloaded the source code and began exploring,
how claws mail handles the program icon.
What i found:
It's much easier, i do not have to compile the program. I just can use
themes :-)

I created a new folder (remember: Win7-system!):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Claws Mail\share\claws-mail\themes\my_theme"
and copied the desired icon into it, named "claws_mail_icon.png" (this
name and others i found in source code; i used a 32x32px image).
Choosing "my_theme" as my new theme showed up that icon on task
bar and program title bar :-)
I added "claws_mail_icon_64.png", too. Don't know, when claws mail uses
this.
And i added "claws_mail_logo.png". It is shown in the "about" dialog
box.

So thanks again for showing me the right way :-)

Regards
 altesCoon