[Users] deeply indented threads

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Tue Oct 31 13:14:35 CET 2017

For most of my folders, I use threaded display. In some - I'm thinking
of one particular mailing list at the moment - threads sometimes get
quite deep, with the result that the Subject moves ever rightwards and
disappears entirely.

That in itself is not a problem, but the thread indicator triangles
also disappear and I can't tell which message a new message is replying
to, and that is irritating.

My first guess was to maximise the window - I'm in three-pane mode -
which makes the message list a lot wider but instead of expanding the
Subject column to show more of the text, it expands the rightmost
column, which happens to be Size, to show a lot more white space. So no
help at all.

Is there some other way to see more of the Subject lines, or some
option that would help me?

TIA, Dave