[Users] Filtering spam difference - auto v. manual

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Sun Oct 29 16:04:13 CET 2017

Hi Jeremy,

Although it doesn't address my query, your point is a valid one, so I'm
putting it back on the ML.

I originally had regexp unchecked; but since I include ">" in the
pattern, that ensures:
1. it's [part of] TLDs I want to block
2. it catches anything ending in those patterns; all of which are most
likely spam.
It would be nice if matcherrc included a comments section; but...  :)

So, in your example of abid vs bid, I can't conceive of valid msgs from
*[pattern]> TLD {bid,abid,bestbid,highbid,...} that I wouldn't consider
spam.

There are so many TLDs now, it's no longer reasonable to use global
block|allow lists.  All I can do is block the new ones that hit my inbox,
and let spamd build its DB after which I can remove some old patterns;
but we know how often cleanups occur... LOL

Cheers,
Pierre