[Users] Different accounts' signatures from Compose window

Denis den_ml at posteo.de
Sat Oct 28 11:23:19 CEST 2017

Hi, everyone!

I have several accounts and some of them use different signatures (for one thing, I use different languages, so I need signatures in these languages). There are two ways of auto-inserting them:
1. Through checking "Automatically insert signature" in account preferences.
2. Through checking the option "Use template when composing new message" and inserting "%as" in the template.

However, the first way inserts the signature only in the end of the message, so it's not good for me: when I reply to messages with quotes, I need to have my message and my signature above the quote, it's a long-time habit of mine. (This mailing list is an exception). So I insert the signature through the use of templates.

This is where the problem arises: Claws Mail inserts the "templated" signature only when it first creates the message (when you click "Compose" or "Reply"). When in "Compose" window, you can change the account you are writing from, but the signature remains the same (from the account that was chosen when you clicked "Compose" or "Reply"). That's bad because, first, you may change your mind about what account you are going to write from, second, when replying, Claws Mail may choose a wrong account (e.g. when replying to this list, it selects my Russian account).

If you use the first way of auto-inserting the signature, then Claws Mail correctly changes it when you select a different account. But this way it inserts the signature in the end of the message, so outside of this mailing list it's not the desired behavior for me. If both ways are used, then two copies of the signature are inserted.

So, could anyone please advise me on how to get Claws Mail to change the "templated" signature with changing the account from within the "Compose" window?

--
Respectfully,
Denis Shadrin