[Users] Fw: Delay sending emails by n minutes

flyingrhino flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz
Fri Oct 27 00:40:12 CEST 2017

Forgot to cc my response to the group :(

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 11:39:02 +1300
From: flyingrhino <flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz>
To: wwp <subscript at free.fr>
Cc: users at lists.claws-mail.org
Subject: Re: [Users] Delay sending emails by n minutes

> Claws Mail has no delayed send option, either individually or not. You
> can send later, but the whole queue will be sent and you have to decide
> when.

Thank you very much for the response.

> One would say it should be the MTA to do that (from a workstation or
> std home user PoV, I'd say it's irritative to talk about a MTA), another
> one would suggest to use --send from a command-line call using an external
> {script|program} fired as you want (that flushes the whole queue). Another one to
> switch to Tbird + send-later plugin.

I was on thunderbird which crashed every few minutes. This is why I moved to claws.
Once I started using claws I realized that this is the best client on linux ! Even if thunderbird became stable again - I'm not going back !

I used the send-later plugin on TB as well as outlook (my work email) and it is super useful - if you ever send an email accidentally too early, or a minute after sending you want to edit something - it's too late :( This functionality saves you from embarrassment or worse.

For now I'm thinking of reprogramming the ctrl-enter to something more difficult (perhaps ctrl-alt-shift-enter) just to avoid mistakes. Then ctrl-enter can become send-later which gives me the option of correcting before sending.

> I'd be a nice feature to have, unfortunately I know no easy way to do
> it, at least if you want to sending emails individually, each one w/ a
> specific timer.

Yes, definitely a feature request.
Is this forum the correct place to make this request ?