[Users] Ignoring messages an ongoing conversation unreliable

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Wed Oct 25 16:52:16 CEST 2017

On Sun, Jun 18, Olaf Hering wrote:

> Since a few weeks I uses the 'Ignore conversation' feature to automatically mark further replies to the start of a thread as read. This works in >95% of the cases. Sometimes claws still shows me new, unread messages 'deep' in a conversation.

> What can be done to debug it?
> Where is the info about 'ignored conversations' stored?

This happens more often now, and starts to bother me.

Is anyone beside me using this feature anyway?

I browsed the code briefly. It seems MSG_IGNORE_THREAD is the flag that is in some cases not propagated for newly arrived mails. Where is the code that processes newly arrived mails? Perhaps I can come up with a debug change to trace the issue.

Thanks.

Olaf