[Users] Sending mail hangs when using PGP MIME

Mark Raynsford list+org.claws-mail at io7m.com
Fri Oct 13 17:03:34 CEST 2017

On 2017-10-13T15:38:57 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> That seems to look fine, we see Claws doing
>
> [13:38:43] SMTP> . (EOM)
>
> I read a thread with what sounds like the same problem. Here the OP
> says it was down to mismatched MTU settings on router and network
> card. It seems a long shot but, hey, here it is:
>
> https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/postfix-timeout-after-data-from-some-emails.39635/

Thanks very much for this! It looks like it might very well be the
problem.

I recently deployed IPv6 to my network and because the router is now
using PPPoE, the MTU on the outgoing link is 1492 rather than the
conventional 1500 (this is a limitation of PPPoE, apparently). What's
not entirely clear to me is why I haven't seen any "Packet Too Big"
errors. I'll look into it further.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com