[Users] Users Digest, Vol 75, Issue 24

Chris Schrauben chrisretusn at bluehome.net
Tue Nov 28 10:50:16 CET 2017

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:25:07 +0100
Salvatore De Paolis <iwkse at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> > If you start the search at the top level folder or mail box level it
> > will search all folders below. In the folders were the search term
> > is found the folder is replaced with magnifying glass
>
> This is true if Recursive is selected otherwise it will only search
> in the current folder

I don't see this. I do see that search does not go beyond a mailbox. I
have 15 accounts, all but three of them go to one mailbox "ClawsMail
(MH)". One of those two accounts is IMAP so has it's own mailbox.
The other two have their own (MH) mailboxes. The ClawsMail mailbox
has many sub-folders (3.1Gib, 22360 messages, 190 sub-folders). If I
start my search on the mailbox "ClawsMail (MH)" Quick Search searches
all of the folders below.

As a side note: I looks to me as folders are all recursive. I created a
new mailbox, added a series of sub-folders without inheriting
from the parent and  copied the same message to all sub folders and did
a Quick Search from the from the top of the mailbox, it found the
message in all folders. This is on a Linux system, perhaps that
makes a difference.

It does not however, process thru the other two (MH) mailboxs
or the IMAP mailbox. I would be nice if it did that though. Perhaps
this is the issue, multiple mailboxes?

Quick Search also works quite well on my IMAP account too. Searching the
server, finding messages that have not be downloaded locally. Just
tested this in fact.