[Users] Terminal vim editor in claws - doesn't return edits to claws

flyingrhino flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz
Sat Nov 4 07:04:17 CET 2017

Hi fellow claws'ers,

I'm trying to configure terminal vim as my external editor.
Using claws 3.11.1 on Linux Mint 17.3 xfce.

I created a bash file with the content:
xfce4-terminal -x vim -f "$@"
and chmod +x it too.

Now when I go ctrl-shift-x to launch the external editor - vim pops up in a terminal ok.
However when I go :wq to exit vim - my text is gone and the mail is blank.

If I already have partially edited text in claws mail, then go ctrl-shift-x , the text is passed on to terminal vim, but any edits I do are lost upon :wq

Surprisingly -
gvim -f %s
works perfectly !

Please advise where I went wrong.

Thanks,

--
Rhinos can fly,

It's just a case of mind over matter ...
... And you need a lot of mind to control that much matter ...