[Users] Error(?) messages in claws-win32.log

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Fri May 19 21:38:49 CEST 2017

A few days ago I installed the 32-bit windows build:
claws-mail-3.15.0-1-32bit.exe
on my 64-bit Win8.1 system.

My first intention is to use it just for reasing some newsgroups, so
when the initial
wizard asked various questions about mail settings at their default
(nonsense)
values.  When the application itself opened its main window I glanced at
it & then
shut it down.

Since then although I've browsed through the various settings files,
I've not tried
to start it again.

In my %TEMP% folder, I found a: claws-win32.log  file containing five
lines of text.
Line 1 contained:

C:\Users\DayToDay01\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\clawsrc:
../../../claws-mail-3.15.0/src/common/xml.c:156 Condition file != NULL
failed

(all on one line).    Line 2 was empty.    Line 3 had:

../../../claws-mail-3.15.0/src/common/xml.c:636 Condition node != NULL
failed

Line 4 was empty.    Line 5 had:

C:\Users\DayToDay01\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\clawsrc:

Are these errors, if they are errors, expected?

For a log file, I expected to see timestamps at the start of the lines.
Without them
I was unable to tell if the lines had been created while I was running
through the
Q&A at the start, trying to decide what to answer (and making notes), or
after the
application itself started... or perhaps even as it shut down.

It also seemed odd to me that there's blank lines between the detailed
lines, and
odd that some lines seem to start with

   C:\Users\DayToDay01\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail\clawsrc:

but not all of them.  Is this normal too?

Also, are lines in:   claws-win32.log     something I should check after
each run of the
program, or are they ignorable?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.