[Users] passwords deleted after downgrade ?

mi codejodler at gmx.ch
Fri May 5 22:17:28 CEST 2017

Andrej,

ok i missed this serious change, sorry.

Now what can i do ?

I upgraded claws again to 3.14 and then there seemed to be the passwords again. Albeit, they did not work anymore. I got 'authentification failed' on the two main accounts i tried.

Then, i wanted to be clever, and went to the last backup, which was April 11 (and i di not change anything on the accounts since then) and copied passwordstorerc over.

Now it still does not work.

Also i got the feeling i did something silly, because now the most recent passwordstorerc file was overwritten (and even in the internal automatic claws backup) and i've got only the April 11 version, in all files.

I hope that did not finally kill any option !

(besides, could claws have changed the internal account [number] somehow ? Because the password of this account, which i am now using, was way too long, about as long as the others accounts passwords would be.)