[Users] 3.15.0 Package for Ubuntu?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon May 1 17:02:58 CEST 2017

On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:14:33 +0100, Cliff Laine wrote:
>On Mon, 1 May 2017 16:04:33 +0200 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>post the output of "./autogen.sh".
>
>There's a long list of checks, which end...
>
>checking for GLIB... no
>configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.20 gmodule-2.0 >=
>2.20 gobject-2.0 >= 2.20 gthread-2.0 >= 2.20) were not met:
>
>No package 'glib-2.0' found
>No package 'gmodule-2.0' found
>No package 'gobject-2.0' found
>No package 'gthread-2.0' found

You need to install the build dependencies. Most build dependencies, if
not all, could be installed automatically running

sudo apt build-dep claws-mail

(I don't know if you need to install the claws-mail source package to
use "apt build-dep", simply try first without installing it or by using
auto-apt, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AutoApt .

However, it should be easy just to manually install the packages, maybe
with a little help from https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/claws-mail ,
resp.
https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/c/claws-mail/control-3.14.1-3
and http://packages.ubuntu.com/

For example 'glib-2.0' means that the development package of 'glib-2.0'
is missing, the Debian tracker helps you to find the Debian/Ubuntu
names, that usually divert in an idiotic way from upstream names.

Actually the name is "libglib2.0" and development packages have the
suffix "-dev", so you need to install the Ubuntu package
"libglib2.0-dev". The "Build-Depends" list should be more or less
complete, so start with installing all packages listed at
https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/c/claws-mail/control-3.14.1-3 .

Regarding the issue I mentioned by a previous mail read about "apt-mark
manual" e.g. at
https://superuser.com/questions/51158/in-ubuntu-debian-how-do-i-mark-a-package-as-non-auto-removable .

You might find additional Ubuntu related help at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users .

Regards,
Ralf

--
"Access to all language versions of Wikipedia was blocked in Turkey on
29 April 2017." -