[Users] 64-bit Claws

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Fri Mar 17 08:53:57 CET 2017

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 20:07:48 -0400
<edwardp at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 08:23:28 +0100
> Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 20:21:47 -0400
> > <edwardp at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Regarding the 64-bit Windows version of Claws, recognizing that it
> > > is experimental at present, where I currently have the 32-bit
> > > version installed, if I uninstall that and install the 64-bit to
> > > try out, will the 64-bit version automatically see the e-mail
> > > accounts created with the 32-bit version, or would they need to be
> > > created anew?
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > yes, your entire configuration will be left intact, and the 64-bit
> > version will use it by default.
> >
> > The configuration is compatible between 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Hi Andrej,
>
> Confirming it worked as described.  :)
>
> I have gone back to using the 32-bit version, but I noticed under
> Help/About/Info tab, even under 64-bit Windows (7), that information
> referenced 'Operating System: Win32', but the e-mail headers
> referenced 'x86_64-w64-mingw32'. Wasn't sure if the reference to
> 'Win32' might have been an error/typo of some kind, or what that
> 'mingw32' actually is.

Hi Ed,

that is called a target triplet, and the only part relevant here is the
one before first '-', which can be either i686 or x86_64. Rest of the
triplet is just saying that the program was compiled using build suite
called Mingw-w64 (a fork of original Mingw32 with added 64-bit support).

Can I ask why you switched back to 32-bit version?

Regards,
--
Andrej