[Users] How to properly collect addresses for the address book

Ed autek at comcast.net
Fri Mar 3 22:33:40 CET 2017

On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 21:13:43 +0000
Cliff Laine <clifflaine at europe.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 15:26:52 -0500
> Ed <autek at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 20:08:01 +0000
> > Cliff Laine <clifflaine at europe.com> wrote:
> >

> > > I use the Ubuntu repository version of CM -- I am on Linux Mint 18
> > > and trying to install a more up to date version of CM runs into
> > > dependency problems.
> > >
> > > Cliff
> >
> > sudo apt-get build-dep claws mail
> >
> > Now you can build the latest Claws.
> >

> Did that, and ...
>
> "E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list"
>
> Read somewhere trying to solve this, to try enabling source code
> repositories. So did that.
>
> Then  I did
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:claws-mail/ppa
> sudo apt-get update
>
> Then I did
> sudo apt-get build-dep claws mail
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to find a source package for claws
>
> Que e que eu devo fazer agora? :)
>

>  my /etc/apt/sources.list is empty.

You are trying to do 2 things at the same time. The PPA has not been
maintained since 2014. So forget that one.

The souces list is here::

/etc/apt/souces.list.d

Easy way::

Menu > Control Center > Software Sources

Check the box in the lower left and then update cache

Download the tarball here::

http://www.claws-mail.org/releases.php

Build with::

./configure && make && sudo make install

Ed