[Users] claws qt

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Jun 20 06:05:47 CEST 2017

On Tue, 30 May 2017 08:42:25 -0600, Charles Curley
<charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 May 2017 15:26:04 +0200
> Salvatore De Paolis <iwkse at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > I don't think GNOME is going to provide "support" for QT
>
> GNOME doesn't need to provide support for QT, nor KDE for GTK. They
> need only interoperate. This already exists, and all sets of
> developers try to maintain that interoperability.
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/,
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedesktop.org

They'll interoperate as long as you jump through their hoops. It takes
an act of congress to get Gnome working without [7 letter word that
invariably starts a flame war]. If Gnome makes you supplicate to their
every wish in your early boot procedure, I imagine other demands aren't
far behind.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2017 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28