[Users] Still problems with mbox type mail box

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Fri Jun 9 11:58:48 CEST 2017

I have a mailbox of type mbox NewMail with a folder called Xfer. (As the
name suggests, I use this to exchange files between claws and another mail
archive.)

When I move an arbitrary message into this mail box, it is added as message
number 1:

  /home/jv/.claws-mail/mailmboxcache/NewMail/Xfer:
  total used in directory 84 available 3816484
  drwx------ 2 jv jv  4096 Jun  9 11:34 .
  drwx------ 3 jv jv  4096 Sep 27  2015 ..
  -rw------- 1 jv jv  1952 Jun  9 11:34 1
  -rw------- 1 jv jv    13 Jun  9 11:34 .claws_cache
  -rw------- 1 jv jv     4 Jun  9 11:34 .claws_mark

When I delete it from the mail box, claws shows me that the Xfer folder is
empty. However, the actual file is not removed from the cache.

I restart claws and move another message into the Xfer folder. It gets
number 1 as it is the first in this session. When I visit the folder, I get
to see the old message (the one that was removed).

It seems that claws either does not remove the cache file, or fails
to overwrite the existing file, or ...?

-- Johan