[Users] mailto links not on top

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Sat Jul 8 01:20:00 CEST 2017

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 21:00:02 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jul 2017 13:28:41 +0100
> Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 03 Jul 2017 21:01:29 +0200
> > Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:
> > > It's a desktop setting which govern where new windows are
> > > opened.
> >
> > Thanks. I've been unable to discover such a setting. Any chance you
> > could give me any hints? Also whilst the compose window opens under
> > other windows when I click a link in Firefox, it opens on top if I
> > use an xdg-email command line to open a compose window. So this
> > seems to be more specific than affecting the entire desktop.
> >
> I don't know for LXDE but for XFCE the place to do this is in the
> all-settings application. See screenshots attached.

Thanks. I'm afraid I've no idea what the LXDE equivalent to your
all-settings application is. The window manager is openbox but it's
configuration manager doesn't have very similar options.

I'm not sure which of the settings in your example you think might be
relevant. I use focus follows mouse for example, but I don't think that
should be relevant.

Cheers, Dave