[Users] mailto links not on top

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 14:36:19 CEST 2017

Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 13:28:41 +0100
From: Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk>
To: users at lists.claws-mail.org
Subject: Re: [Users] mailto links not on top

On Mon, 03 Jul 2017 21:01:29 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:
> It's a desktop setting which govern where new windows are opened.

Thanks. I've been unable to discover such a setting. Any chance you
could give me any hints? Also whilst the compose window opens under
other windows when I click a link in Firefox, it opens on top if I use
an xdg-email command line to open a compose window. So this seems to be
more specific than affecting the entire desktop.

DM: Hi Dave! I'm about 90% sure Michael's right on this. I ran into an
issue related to this on Lubuntu 14.04 (shares the LXDE DE w/ you)
where the 'Select folder' window in Claws (eg. for moving a message or
going to another folder) would 'ignore' the first character you typed
when doing a 'search' for a folder. The best I could figure out is that
the first key you hit somehow brought the window into the focus state
that would then allow you to type and have your text come up in the
search field. And I didn't have this problem w/ the same version of
Claws in Ubuntu 14.04 using the Gnome Flashback DE. If I remember
right, there was another user on this list awhile back that had this
same Claws issue but perhaps w/ a different distro/DE, and I think he
ended up doing some digging around and figured out he had to uninstall
some sort of package and/or maybe change some config file somewhere.

DM: I'm also running Lubuntu 16.04 on a couple boxes and sometimes (but
not all the time) when I use Ctrl-Alt-T to open a terminal window, it
will open behind other windows. After the Lubuntu 14.04 problem
mentioned above, I looked through all the settings I could find and
none of them helped with this. So I'm guessing your answer will lie
somewhere in a bit of a deep dive into LXDE's docs and inner workings
to figure out what files you may need to edit or what you may need to
install/uninstall or tweak to get your desired behavior. So far I
haven't taken the time to do this, so can't help you on details. It's
possible this could be an LXDE bug, but it might be a 'feature'. :)
Perhaps you could save some time by posting a question on whatever
lists, forums, etc. LXDE has for their software since it's likely other
users may have experienced this same thing. HTH, Dustin