[Users] Poorly-wrapped text when viewed in external editor

Victoria Stuart (gmail) victoria.a.stuart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 04:06:21 CEST 2017

A quick question: my messages flow nicely (the width of preview pane) in Claws, but some of them -- viewed in an external text editor (Geany; gedit) -- are wrapped, poorly, with the wrapped lines terminating with an equals sign. E.g.

OK - CLAWS:

The neurodegeneration that occurs in Parkinson's disease is a result of stress on the endoplasmic reticulum in the cell rather than failure of the mitochondria as previously thought, according to a study in fruit flies. It was found that the death of neurons associated with the disease was prevented when chemicals that block the effects of endoplasmic reticulum stress were used. Some inherited forms of early-onset Parkinson's disease have typically been blamed on poorly functioning mitochondria, the powerhouses of cells. Without reliable sources of energy, neurons wither and die. This may not be the complete picture of what is happening within cells affected by Parkinson's. Researchers from the MRC Toxicology Unit at the University of Leicester used a common fruit fly to investigate this further; fruit flies were used because they provide a good genetic model for humans.

NOT OK - GEANY [SAME IN GEDIT; cat (TERMINAL)]:

[...]

Other messages look OK, both in Claws and in the terminal and text editors.

Any ideas on what's causing this, and how I can obtain the properly-formatted text outside of Claws?

Specifically, is there some Claws setting that I can tweak?  I don't want to have to reformat these messages (1000's) with command-line tools (awk; sed; ...), if I don't have too.

Thanks!