[Users] How to direct mail to separate boxes from single address.

Liz edodd55 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:46:00 CET 2017

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 19:10:27 +0000
Richard <lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net> wrote:

> > Date: Thursday, January 19, 2017 13:59:34 -0500
> > From: John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>
> >
> > I had this feature set up for many years. But now I have a new
> > computer and I forget how I did it.
> >
> > Here is the situation: One of my email addresses is
> > john at wexfordpress.com. At this addy I get mail from several mailing
> > lists. I want to redirect some of this email into separate boxes,
> > like direct all mail from this list to a box called "claws-mail". I
> > know how to create the mail boxes. I can select all mail in my
> > general inbox from a particular mailing list and move to another
> > box  manually. I want to automate the process. I did this before
> > with some lines in my accounts structure but I forget how I did it,
> > years ago.
> >

> As I believe was suggested the other day, in response to your earlier
> message(s) on this topic, you can use the:
>
>    - Configuration
>      - Filtering
>
> (see the top tool bar)
>
> claws-mail capabilities to accomplish this.
>
> Many mailing lists, this one included, have a "List-Id" indicator:

> in the message headers. The claws-mail filtering lets you filter on
> that, which generally makes for very clean message handling.

Slowly does it.
Select the mail in question in the email list box - mine is top right,
and it says Subject / From / Date ?Size
Right click on the mail (let's assume its claws-mail-users)

Select create filter rule > automatically
(works well for mailing lists)

up comes a big dialogue box
the first line is blank. Its optional
the next line has the query which will select claws-mail-users mail
the next line ACTION is blank.

This is where you fill in the destination etc, so you click the box to
the right "Define"

and the first action is (guessed as) MOVE
then you need to select the destination
click ADD
back to the first big box, click ADD
and CLOSE