[Users] How to obtain the plugins?

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Fri Jan 13 23:06:44 CET 2017

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 19:02:37 +0100
Páder Rezső <rezso at rezso.net> wrote:

> Fri, 13 Jan 2017 17:37:27 +0000 -n
> Dick Ruck <dick at therucks.me.uk> írta:
>
> >I am using Linux Mint 18.1 Serena. I initially installed Claws using
> >the software manager and successfully added the archiver plugin.
> >However I could not install the spamassassin plugin. I then downloaded
> >Claws 3.14.1 and complied/installed it.
> >I then discovered that, although it had the spamassassin plugin, it did
> >not have the archiver plugin.
> >When I access the plugins page:
> >(http://www.claws-mail.org/plugins.php?section=downloads) I cannot find
> >any way to download the plugins, either with Firefox or Chromium.
>
> I think, this page is outdated a bit...
>
> >Are there other methods of obtaining the plugins?
>
> Many plugins included in the claws mail source:
> http://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws.git;a=tree;f=src/plugins

All the plugins, really. I am not aware of any plugins that are
maintained outside of the main project, although it's technically
possible.

However, you should probably look around your distribution's package
repositories, it is likely that they provide these extra plugins in a
separate package, or several packages. Then there would be no need for
you to maintain a self-compiled version.

Regards,
--
Andrej