[Users] spamassassin config advice

Reid Vail rsv869 at runbox.com
Wed Jan 11 01:21:46 CET 2017

Hello Claws group -

I'm running version 3.13.2 on Linuxmint 18 KDE and have a question about the best
way to get it up and running. I'm getting the error shown below:

"The SpamAssassin plugin couldn't filter a message. The probable cause of the error
is an unreachable spamd daemon. Please make sure spamd is running and accessible."

I have the plugin loaded and turned on via Preferences. I also loaded various
spamassassin elements via Synaptic, including spamassassin 3.4.1-3,
claws-mail-spamassassin, spamc , spamass-milter.

I am pretty sure I don't know how this is supposed to be configured and have
probably got it completely confused.

help welcome.

RSV869