[Users] alternate-config-dir not handled globally

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sun Feb 19 12:35:13 CET 2017

Hi Olaf,

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 08:48:15 +0100
Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> wrote:

> While trying to get used to claws-mail I thought it would be good to use
> a throw-away dir for configuration, just to see what is stored and what
> might need blacklisting from backup.
>
> It seems the alternate-config-dir is not globally used. When I try to
> change folder subscriptions claws crashes. So far I have not tried to
> create a symlink to the temporary directory.
>
> Olaf
>

> olaf at probook:/dev/shm $ claws-mail --alternate-config-dir /dev/shm/$$.1
> claws.c:102:Starting Claws Mail version Claws Mail 3.14.1
> utils.c:1822:using default rc_dir /home/olaf/.claws-mail

Seems to work correctly using master:

$ /opt/claws/bin/claws-mail --alternate-config-dir /dev/shm/$$.1
--debug claws.c:102:Starting Claws Mail version Claws Mail 3.14.1-198-gbbeb55
utils.c:1844:set rc_dir to /dev/shm/11850.1

So, maybe something already fixed or something strange in your system.

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~