[Users] claws-mail for Windows - 32bit still crashing

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Sat Dec 23 16:08:42 CET 2017

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 07:17:42 -0500
Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> I just updated to the latest version of claws-mail for Windows (32
> bit). I have had a continuing problem with the 64 bit version
> crashing on certain emails. Anyway, while this version does seem more
> stable, it is still crashing on the same type of email. This is being
> run on a Windows 10 PRO, version 1709, 64 bit system. The following
> is the debug output. Perhaps someone might have an idea what the
> problem is.

I'm afraid that with the .exe and .dll files included in the install
package, it is impossible to get meaningful GDB backtraces, since the
symbols have been stripped (as evidenced by the "... in ?? ()" lines in
GDB output.

I'd have to supply you with the larger, unstripped version of the
files.

Another possibility would be figure out how to build the programs and
libraries with debug symbols stored separately, just like how most
major Linux distributions do it. We could then have an addon "debug"
package, which could be installed when needed.

Maybe after the holidays.

Regards,
--
Andrej Kacian