[Users] autocrypt

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Wed Dec 20 00:54:32 CET 2017

(slightly off topic for email purists)

Using OMEMO (/ 'autocrypt') in pidgin with the lurch plugin is quite
handy (still needs a restart of pidgin after activation). New chat
windows handshake with my communication partner before I can even think
or click to enable OTR: https://github.com/gkdr/lurch

Also gpg moves towards usability at cost of security:
https://github.com/riseupnet/riseup_help/issues/455

Comfortable end-to-end-encryption becomes more and more available in
modern chat clients. I am waiting for an email client that tries to
establish a XMPP connection when I open a message window to
automatically start an encrypted session if the person is online.

Kardan