[Users] Claws Mail 3.16.0 unleashed!!!!

Leon Fisk lfisk at iserv.net
Mon Dec 18 20:42:37 CET 2017

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:31:54 +0100
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:

>It seems that glib-2.0 headers on your system are either corrupted or
>missing completely. The functions and symbols in these errors come from
>this library.
<snip>

Andrej, thanks for replying. Some more info that may help.

If I edit a couple files to get rid of the previously listed
declaration warnings it builds okay:

===
addr_compl.c:1132: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘g_list_free_full’
compose.c:1331: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘g_slist_free_full’
ldapctrl.c:642: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘g_list_free_full’
===

I just compared the files to old 3.15.0 and made the spots referencing
those functions read the same. Not a good fix by any means...

I don't build all the plugins. Maybe a missing declaration is being picked up there?
I'm a complete amateur at this but something doesn't seem right in those
files for "g_list_free_full" and "‘g_slist_free_full".

Here is the plugin output from configure:

===
claws-mail 3.16.0

Using Address Book : Original stable interface
JPilot             : yes
LDAP               : yes
gnuTLS             : yes
iconv              : yes
compface           : yes
IPv6               : yes
enchant            : yes
IMAP4              : yes
NNTP               : yes
Crash dialog       : no
LibSM              : yes
DBUS               : yes
NetworkManager     : yes
Manual             : no
Generic UMPC code  : no
SVG support        : no
Config dir         : .claws-mail
Password crypto    : old
Plugins
   Built:
            - archive
            - att_remover
            - attachwarner
            - libravatar
            - notification
                Features:
                    banner
                    command
                    hotkeys
                    lcdproc
                    libnotify
                    libcanberra-gtk
                    popup
                    trayicon
                Disabled due to missing dependencies:
                    unity/messaging-menu
            - perl
            - python
            - pgpcore
            - pgpmime
            - smime
   Disabled:
            - acpi_notifier
            - address_keeper
            - bogofilter
            - bsfilter
            - clamd
            - demo
            - fancy
            - fetchinfo
            - gdata
            - mailmbox
            - managesieve
            - newmail
            - pdf_viewer
            - pgpinline
            - rssyl
            - spamassassin
            - spam_report
            - tnef_parse
            - vcalendar

The binary will be installed in /usr/bin
===

--
Leon
Claws 3.15.0, Ubuntu Lucid