[Users] Seg fault when shifting ~/.claws-mail/ to new machine

Trevor Carey-Smith trev at highwater.co.nz
Sat Aug 26 10:06:41 CEST 2017

Hi,

I've just setup a new (2nd hand) laptop with claws-mail 3.15.0 which
seems to be working fine when I start it afresh. However, I have copied
my complete ~/.claws-mail/ directory from my previous laptop which is
still working fine (claws-mail 3.13.1). When I start claws-mail on the
new machine with the "old" config directory claws segfaults when

(claws-mail:25906): Claws-Mail-CRITICAL **: imap_item_get_path:
 assertion 'folder_path != NULL'

failed folder.c:3991 Condition path != NULL failed

msgcache.c:586 Condition cache_file != NULL failed

(claws-mail:25906): Claws-Mail-CRITICAL **: imap_item_get_path:
assertion 'folder_path != NULL' failed

Should I be allowed to simply copy the config dir from one machine to
another (they're both running near-identical versions of slackware)?
All the accounts that are set up are IMAP and the imapcache folder was
also copied across (rsync). Any ideas what might be causing the crash?

Thanks,
Trevor