[Users] How to avoid checking for new messages when changing directory?

Mario Castelán Castro marioxcc.MT at yandex.com
Fri Aug 18 18:35:36 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-18 18:13 +0200 wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:
>Isn't that unchecking "Scan for new mail" in the General options of the
>folder's properties?

Thanks for your quick reply.

I just disabled this checkbox and used “apply to subdirectories”, per your
suggestion, but it does not seem to have an effect.

I opened “tcpdump” to monitor the claws traffic and I see several
packets to and from the IMAP server each time I change directory. Moreover,
there is the noticeable delay associated with networking (as opposed to
working with local files).

I note that am using Claws Mail 3.14.1 as shipped in Debian 9, in case this
has some relation.