[Users] Suitability of using Claws instead of KMail ?

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 29 05:56:10 CEST 2017

Hi Steve,

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 12:14:59 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> If you're going to use any Buntu at all, I'd like to recommend
> Lubuntu, which is Ubuntu using the LXDE GOSFUI (a GOSFUI is a user
> interface that is either a window manager or a desktop environment).
> LXDE is very lightweight, and my experience with a couple years of
> Lubuntu use under my belt is it's like adding more RAM and speeding
> up your processor.
>
> And, as always, I recommend to every touch-typist that whatever GOSFUI
> you're using, you install dmenu and hotkey it in to your GOSFUI. Your
> productivity will skyrocket.

Okay thanks. I will take a look at Lubuntu and see if I can run all the
current packages that I need on it. It may well be suitable, given the
fact that this desktop is 9 years old and short of RAM and even disk
space now. It's nice to be using Claws now, all up and going. It sure
is lightweight; it's not even using 100K of memory at present.  lol

Regards,

Peter