[Users] Suitability of using Claws instead of KMail ?

Liz edodd55 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 12:04:20 CEST 2017

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 16:40:25 +1000
Peter <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using Mail on Kubuntu 16.04.1 and there are LOTS of problems. Has
> anyone on this list changed over from KMail please ?  I have looked
> here and there regards docs about this, but doesn't seem
> comprehensive. Or I looked in the wrong places, .. lol
>
> Have installed Claws and it is now looking in my /home/****/Mail
> path, plus added a heap of files.  Anyway, I didn't want to get too
> bogged down initially with questions, but if there is a KMail/akonadi
> expert here, would much appreciate it.  (I have to restart the
> akonadi server many times each day, ..sigh).
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

as a long time claws-mail user I converted my husband's Kmail to
claws-mail because the akonadi server wouldn't start and so on and so
forth.

I used a script to convert the Kmail mailbox format ready for
Claws-mail and it was excellent. Somewhere on the web site!

Then I made a few filters and showed him how to make filters and
organise his mail and have provided no further assistance. He is
managing it well without it.

Liz