[Users] 3.15.0 Package for Ubuntu?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Apr 21 12:14:17 CEST 2017

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:23:44 +0100, Cliff Laine wrote:
>N: Ignoring file '50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist' in directory
>'/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
>
>--------------
>
>I assume that means CM 3.15.0 isn't available to me?

Read

https://askubuntu.com/questions/829370/n-ignoring-file-50unattended-upgrades-ucf-dist-in-directory-etc-apt-apt-con

this notice is irrelevant, but you anyway could get rid of it.

How did you try to install the package or packages?

Did you run

sudo apt update
sudo apt install build-essential
sudo apt install automake autoconf

?

Perhaps you missed to run "sudo apt update" first?

You could also try running

cd /tmp/
wget http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/b/build-essential/build-essential_12.1ubuntu2_i386.deb
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
sudo apt install ./build-essential_12.1ubuntu2_i386.deb

"apt install" does the same as "gdebi" does, it installs the local stored
package and tries to resolve dependencies from the repositories.

If it should fail, post the complete output of the commands and the output of

grep -v "#" /etc/apt/sources.list

Regards,
Ralf