[Users] Version 3.14.0, HTML messages & Fancy plugin

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Wed Sep 21 02:19:46 CEST 2016

On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 13:48:54 +1000
Joe Khamis <joe at khamis.com.au> wrote:

> Greetings all.
>
> Downloaded and compiled 3.14.0 today (Tumbleweed).
>
> No great dramas with the exception displaying HTML messages.
>
> I suspect it has to do with the 'Fancy' plugin.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I have the exact same issue. When I did an update with Debian testing
and it installed 3.14.0, Fancy stopped working. I've uninstalled then
reinstalled, even tried to use an older version of claws-mail (which
worked for a little).

Now, what I noticed is that every so often I get the following message
in the window when I enable "remote content" (which I have disabled by
default):

  Problem occurred while loading the URL
  file:///home/rostedt/.claws-mail/mimetmp/00000007.mimetmp.html

  Error opening file /home/rostedt/.claws-mail/mimetmp/00000007.mimetmp.html: No
  such file or directory

Then I try:

 $ ls /home/rostedt/.claws-mail/mimetmp/
00000009.mimetmp.html  claws.DD3COY  claws.RPR6NY

so somehow the file naming is getting out of sync. And yes, I checked
that 00000009.mimetmp.html file, and it has the html of what is suppose
to be displayed.

-- Steve