[Users] reply to list

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Sep 21 01:25:43 CEST 2016

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 19:08:03 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> I don't know the answer to Dave's question, so could somebody give
> information about the **REPLY-TO-LIST FUNCTION**, which was what he
> asked about?

Basically REPLY-TO-LIST means a reply to a mail should go to the list
if:
1) The list server address is either TO or mentioned in list headers
and TO not different from list server
2) The mail does not specify a REPLY-TO different from list server

So configure Reply button to reply to list which is a behavior as if
user had pushed REPLY-TO-LIST button means basically if claws identifies
a mail coming from a list server and the two rules above is satisfied
then the mails TO field will automatically contain the list server
address and nothing else.

A special case is if the mail contains CC headers in which case these
addresses remains as CC (all though very onusual for list replies).

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: