[Users] search - how to

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Sat Sep 17 13:14:10 CEST 2016

Probably another dumb question, I'm afraid ...

I'm trying to see whether I have ever received a message from a
particular company, so I want to search all my messages for a From line
containing a particular domain name. I can't figure out how to do this.

I read the manual and tried the various things it mentioned.

Search Folder is greyed out if I'm at the top Mailbox (MH) level, so
how do I search all the folders instead of just one?

I tried quick search but I can't persuade that to find part of a
subject line in a subfolder, even with Recursive ticked.

I tried Search Folder which pops up a dialog titled Search messages,
which sometimes seems to find messages having a subject containing a
string providing I am looking directly at the folder containing the
message, but it doesn't even do that in all the folders (or maybe with
all search strings).

When I click on the help button on that dialog, it pops up a PCManFM
window showing the root dorectory. What's that all about?

I expect I've missed something obvious but would appreciate any
pointers. claws 3.12.0 opensuse leap 42.1 lxde

Thanks, Dave