[Users] How to use the To: Cc: etc headings.

52midnight info at 52midnight.com
Sat Sep 10 01:36:38 CEST 2016

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 21:38:59 +0100
Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> No, it's not your problem. I had exactly the same problem. It's poor
> interface design.

That's most heartening - to know that you're open to sincere
criticism. So many today take offence at anything other than praise.

> (sorry, clearly I believe that claws is better than the alternatives,
> because otherwise I wouldn't use it, but there's always room for
> improvement).

Yes; having been forced to abandon Opera, after trying Icedove (a.k.a.
Thunderbox) which won't obey the LXDE Desktop settings, and Evolution
which reported problems with its own backend without any other info,
I've decided to chance it with Claws.

> Or pretty much anything but it's current behaviour.

My immediate criticism of the Compose window stems from the fact of my
being a pre-rodent centenarian (well, almost). I could drive everything
in Opera from opening the Compose window to sending it off WITHOUT EVER
touching the mouse. With Claws I have to hit Tab so many times to get
past the To: Cc: etc stuff that I lose count.

I'm also a Perl Fundamentalist. I practise the Three Perl Virtues -
Laziness, Impatience and Hubris - EVERY day. If you're not put off by
my religious zeal I'd be happy to discuss improvements after getting
the feel of Claws.

Cheers
Carl