[Users] Cancel startup from password dialog

George Avrunin avrunin at math.umass.edu
Mon Oct 24 00:52:50 CEST 2016

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 23:49:25 +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:

> Well, my ps (Fedora 23) reports:
>
>   $ ps -C foo
>   error: unsupported option (BSD syntax)
>
> Even though it is clearly in the docs:
>
>        -C cmdlist
>               Select by command name.  This selects the processes whose
>               executable name is given in cmdlist.
>
> Puzzling,
> 	Johan

Works for me on Fedora 24:

[~] 19) ps -C systemd
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
    1 ?        00:00:04 systemd
 1270 ?        00:00:00 systemd

ps is in /usr/bin/ps and comes from the rpm
procps-ng-3.3.10-11.fc24.x86_64.  And there's an example in the man page
of using the -C option.  I don't have a Fedora 23 box to try it on.