[Users] Cancel startup from password dialog

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Thu Oct 20 11:57:20 CEST 2016

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 08:27:18 +0200
Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It would be nice if it were possible to cancel the startup from the initial
> master password dialog. When I hit its cancel button, claws continues and
> I'm overwhelmed with password dialogs for all mailboxes.

The master passphrase dialog only appears after the startup is
finished, and Claws Mail starts looking at which accounts need
updating. So by then it is too late to "cancel the startup". But I
understand your point - a way to request that Claws Mail stops any
network activity.

That, I think is conceptually incorrect to do in the master passphrase
dialog, since the dialog is used also in different contexts than
for network connections (e.g. if you merely open account preferences for
the first time). Perhaps something could be added to one of the
password dialogs instead, where it would make more sense.

> Why? Occasionally I hit the hot key that starts claws by accident...

In short term, it might be more practical to just disable mail checking
on start up, and just click 'Get Mail' manually instead. :)

Regards,
--
Andrej