[Users] [Bug 3326] customizing keyboard shortcuts collides with menu shortcuts
slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Oct 10 06:16:16 CEST 2016
On Sun, 09 Oct 2016 15:34:23 +0000, noreply at thewildbeast.co.uk wrote:
> --- Comment #1 from Tristan Miller <psychonaut at nothingisreal.com> ---
> Still reproducible with Claws Mail 3.14.0. Is there a workaround for
> defining keyboard shortcuts? Perhaps by editing ~/.claws-mail/menurc?
Yes. This is a well known problem, with a solution, and yes,
editing ~/.claws-mail/.menurc is part of that solution.
1) Using the normal hotkey method, set your selection's hotkey to F11
or something else both recognizeable and unused.
2) Exit claws-mail. All invocations of Claws-Mail.
3) Edit ~/.claws-mail/.menurc and search for the F11 or whatever you
just put in.
4) Change it to your desired hotkey. Use the rest of .menurc for
examples of expressions of hotkeys.
5) Save .menurc and exit.
6) Run Claws-Mail. If you did everything right, your desired hotkey
will be in effect.
I thought I had documented this on my business website, but it turns
out I haven't. Hopefully I soon will.
== Whose business shall never be mentioned on the Claws-Mail List ==
More information about the Users