[Users] Unwanted signature padding

Tristan Miller psychonaut at nothingisreal.com
Sun Oct 9 19:08:58 CEST 2016

Greetings.

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 17:49:12 +0100, Dave Howorth
<dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:
> The end of your mail appears in my claws to contain the following
> sequence:

That's because I always manually delete the extraneous newlines in the
Compose window.

> So I don't see any 3 newline sequences. Where are they, or are they
> simply an artefact at composition-time?

When I start a new message (via "Compose" or "Reply") the blank
lines appear in the Compose window after the template (if any) but
before my signature.

Here are some screenshots illustrating my settings and the problem:

Compose preferences for my default account:
http://files.nothingisreal.com/tmp/claws-prefs.png

Compose template preferences for my default account:
http://files.nothingisreal.com/tmp/claws-templates.png

My signature file, showing a conspicuous lack of leading newlines:
http://files.nothingisreal.com/tmp/claws-signature.png

Compose window with no template, showing the three extraneous newlines
before the signature:
http://files.nothingisreal.com/tmp/claws-compose.png

Some further information:  I find that if I manually change the
signature separator to something else, apply the change, then remove it
again and apply the change, then new messages I compose get two leading
newlines rather than three.  This behaviour persists until I restart
Claws Mail, after which it goes back to inserting three newlines again.

Regards,
Tristan

--
                  Tristan Miller