[Users] Unwanted signature padding

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sun Oct 9 17:21:08 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 16:41:54 +0200
Tristan Miller <psychonaut at nothingisreal.com> wrote:

> One of these annoyances is the placement of signatures.  I have
> Claws Mail configured (via Configuration -> Edit Accounts… -> Edit ->
> Account -> Compose -> Signature) to automatically insert my signature
> from a file.  I find that, in the Compose window, Claws Mail
> automatically inserts three newlines before the signature.  Is this a
> bug or a feature?  If it's a feature, what purpose is it supposed to
> serve, and is there any way I can disable it?

I never seen that, so I suspect is a problem on your side. Check that:

 • your signature file doesn't have 3 newlines at the beginning
 • your templates don't have extra newlines (Configuration menu,
   Preferences option, Compose/Templates panel)
 • you're not using folder templates and they also doesn't have extra
   lines (right click on folder you're composing from, Properties option,
   Templates panel).

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones