[Users] Fedora 25 upgrade renders Claws Mail unusable

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Nov 27 23:08:10 CET 2016

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 14:11:31 +0000, Brian Morrison wrote:

> > Fedora install gives you the opportunity to perform install with
> > updates applied. For the case that F24 last claws is 3.14, and F25
> > initial claws is 3.13 but the update to 3.14 has already been pushed
> > out, this would have been a life saver.
>
> It would have been if 3.14.1 had been pushed to the updates repo, it's
> just that this had not happened when F25 was released. I don't know if
> it's happened yet either.

Find 3.14.1 in updates-testing, where it must go first. Fedora users can
speed up the release by giving karma points on Test Updates. Without such
points, package maintainers need to wait at least a week before they can
mark updates as "stable".

The reason that 3.14.0 has been "stuck" in updates-testing is that during
release preparation of F25, it has been forgotten. Nobody has checked for
missing updates that would result in a downgrade when coming from F24 or
older.