[Users] How to purge deletions?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Nov 14 16:25:55 CET 2016

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 08:29:25 +0100, "Darko K." <darko.koruga at siol.net>
wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 20:52:36 -0500 Steve Litt wrote:
>
> > On deletions, I *don't* use the "move to trash immediately" feature,
> > so my deleted emails are simply marked. I like that better in case
> > of accidental deletions.
> >
> > However, it seems like those marked deletions stay in my folders
> > forever, with no way of getting rid of them. I can use "hide
> > deleted" to hide them, but when I uncheck and recheck "hide
> > deleted", the old deleted emails are visible while there's no
> > hiding.
> >
> > [... snip ...]
> >
> > Does anyone have any tips how to purge very old deletions while
> > retaining the "modern" ones?
> >
> Right click on a message marked for deletion and select Mark -> Unmark
> to remove the flag (or any other such flag, move to folder for
> example). I believe the default keybinding for this operation is U.
>
> Regards,

Thanks Darko,

The Unmark (U) action "undeletes"  the deleted email. That capability
is why I don't turn off the "move to trash and expunge immediately".
I know how to undelete, but whan I don't know how to do is purge so the
message simply vanishes from the message list.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
== Whose business shall never be mentioned on the Claws-Mail List ==

--
SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2016 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz