[Users] Consistency x User experience

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:16:11 CET 2016

On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 10:57:57 -0800
Lars Kotthoff <lists at larsko.org> wrote:

> Would it be possible to have additional values "if unread" and "if in same
> folder" for this option? I also preferred the old behaviour (even though it was
> inconsistent).

	Yes, I don't understand why "consistency" must prevail over the
user experience. When the user has to press 2 keys to replicate the old
behaviour, something is very wrong (in other words: now we duplicate
the keyboard effort to reach the same result, since before I just
would press "N" and now, I have to press "N" and "space"... for me it's
irrational, even in the name of "consistency").

	The experience of reading messages should be as frictionless as
possible.

--
https://exchangewar.info