[Users] Ghost emails / very strange POP behavior

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Tue May 31 22:08:06 CEST 2016

> There at least is "Hide read messages" in Claws' "View" menu.

ok that's a nice try.

However, when those lost mails finally appeared / dropped in, they were bold letter = unread. Which fits into what Pierre said, that with POP, the read / unread status of the webmail interface is not parsed to the downloading MUA.

> OTOH, as soon as you start to scroll and search missing
> mails, you'll notice that something is fishy and that not just a few
> mails are missing.

And this is another reason why i would have noticed it: I have mail folders sorted latest-atop, and since i always keep a ton of already read messages, to work on replies some (far!) da later, it's really very visible here, if suddenly only unread were atop. No way i wouldn't notice !