[Users] Ghost emails / very strange POP behavior

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Tue May 31 15:29:17 CEST 2016

On Tue, 31 May 2016 14:22:09 +0200 Michael wrote:

>Another idea, what happens when mails get read in the webmail interface,
>and marked as "read" ?

Only affects webmail interface.

>Does it make a difference to claws POPing them to a computer ?

No. Although when POPed, webmail shows them read.

>(I also wonder what it means for IMAP, just curious.)

No idea. Never used IMAP.

>I'm quite sure those mails simply weren't there, though. I mean, it was
>only 3 other mails in the online inbox and none in any other folder, and
>i'm not  hallucinating and not yet senile :D

Can only suspect UIDL corruption...   I POP from laptop, Android phone &
Android tablet & occasionally use webmail on several servers and barely
recall a minor UIDL issue many years ago.

You said you delete messages when received on one machine...  this
_could_ cause UIDL confusion...  I only delete mail from the servers from
one machine, and even then, 10 days later (Receive in Edit accounts...)